Monday, February 19, 2007

the spring challenge here at our local yarn store wow

Dear Ronda http://mitstitchingnut.blogspot.com/
omg you will never in a million years dream of what happened to me today LOL
hubby took me to the local yarn store so i could buy the purple yarn i was out of. all went well the owner is back from her long trip south and so she was glad to help me out . and glad to see me again. i showed her the purple yarn i wanted and she said " What no more green yarn?" i said nope done with the green hat along and i smiled . she found the right dye lot easy enough because i use my stitch and bitch book and clip a piece of yarn off each skein i buy and tuck it all in there along with the label so if i run out i know what i am looking for. she said i was really well organized. i said for this moment in time its working but i know there may come a point when it all goes up in the air and i end up becoming unorganized. LOL
then as were heading to the check out area she grabs me by the shoulder and says oh oh yea i have something i want you to make sure you see.
she is running a spring challenge and wants me to enter tells me its a spring theme due April fools day and make sure it has an Easter theme to it or design. then said its ok i know you can do this because i apparently had this really pained look on my face. LOL i didn't tell her my thoughts were " omg you want me to knit an egg !!! " instead i kept my mouth shut and both her and hubby told me flat out they knew i could meet this challenge. i silently gathered up the yarn and left for the door to take a look see what it was about this challenge that is going on. which she had posted there for all to see , took down the information and we went home.
on our way home i was thinking about you and all your beautiful felting designs the beautiful heart you did and all that and thinking of my first thought of knitting and Easter egg. and my head was reeling in designs and how toos and the lot. sooooooooo i shopped on line bought some felting needles and i am going to do just that plan out and Easter egg with some nice Easter spring designs on it i certainly have enough time on hand to figure this out and give it a good try right?
yea i think i even figured out the pattern for the egg in my head on my way home the 12 mile drive will sure give you time to think especially if your the passenger :)

1 comment:

Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Yuuu hooooo, I finally got here to read what you wrote. A knitting challenge! A contest! Yah YOU can do it!! I know you can too. Here's an egg pattern. http://www.curlypurly.com/eggs.html

Only knit yours real big leaving a hole in the bottom end ... felt ... and then stuff with fiberfill and do your needle felting on the outside? But I know you'll come up with a good plan. Even better than mine. Have fun with it. And what's the worse that could happen? Well you MIGHT not win but that doesn't matter, because the idea was to have fun. But then you just might WIN tho and how cool that would be!