Saturday, February 17, 2007

count my circular knitting?



you know i just thought of something this am will make all our knitting alot easier especial those of us that love to knit on cicular knitting needles :)

I am always having to count rows or decreases or some such thing when knitting and have had to carry around one of those clicker type counters that is almost about the size of a credit card . yet if i am doing my knitting on the go beware and good luck if you put that thing down you may not find it for a bit or you may miss place it or you could just end up loosing it all togeather. and then its shades of where was I???????!!!!

fear no more at least for me :)

like alot of us i have gotten into making my own stitch markers. hum there is a thought. love to make my own and have turned an old measureing tape into one so i would have a 12 inch tape on hand for those hats and gloves and mittens and things.

aweeeeee and now a stich marker row counter ta daaaaaa roll the drums please and take a good peek when i get to the bead store some time soon i may just remake this but for now it does the trick :)
oops forgot to say one thing.. its best to use either a cord that will feed through the middle of the row counter or a peice of leather cording which is what i did. knot the end string on what ever you want to . and then either knot the top to the key chain ring or use a necklace closer that bites into the leather to close it all off and then put it onto the key chain ring which by the way is the smallest one they have out there.
oh cool one of the ladies who replied to the post on get stitchy found a link to one you can order so if you dont want to make one use this link to get one that is already made by clover of course :) http://yarn.com/webs/0/0/0/0-1064-1088-1446/0/0/2340/

2 comments:

Zenknitter LesleyD said...

That is too freaking cool! I love the row counter!!! I'll have to make me one too!! Awesome idea!!

Hattie said...

Fabulous idea! I'm definitely gonna pick up some stuff next time I'm at the store and make one or two! It's the perfect solution, and pretty too!