Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Finished sock

wow years ago ( and i cant get away from that praise when i talk about my knitting ) gesh make me laugh one day i was young next thing i know i am spending alot of time with some elderly lady i see every day in my own mirror LOL anyway they sold this tiny circular knitting needle back when i learned how to make socks. and always looking for short cuts to do things i bought me a few of those and taught myself how to make socks using what was then called cuffing needles. tell you what using those making socks is the best . very few dropped stitches if any because i work the whole sock heel and all on that one needle right up to the toe then put the works onto dps. and finish off.

3 comments:

Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

You don't find that short little circular needle hard to maneuver? I've used 2 circular needles ... one 16 inch the other 24 inch. Start at the toe with casting onto both needles and up. The 24 inch is used when you have the flap & heel, but then both are used again after the turn & gusset decrease is done. I loved this method when knitting socks on the train. But usually I prefer dpn's thru the whole sock process now. BTW, I love this sock you just made. The color & pattern looks fun!

crissy said...

nope not anymore i did at frist years back now i just cast on and go.
am going to run out with hubby and go pay bills and he is going to help me find ane skein of yarn today too. plus its out daughters b-d so have to go give her her gifts. he also wants me to take in Da Egg. oh boy here goes the shy end of me. not sure i can hide behind him LOL oh well i can see me going in and just closing my eyes and sticking my hands out holding Da Egg. works for me LOL

Valerie said...

What an awesome sock! I love your choice in colors and patterns. It looks so cozy. I need to start making socks eventually. Maybe then I would be able to replace all the pairs that have holes in them. =)