Thursday, February 08, 2007

My Green hat





knitting is my best friend these days. and any day to be frank. i can take it along anywhere i go and knit up a storm knit when i am bored, happy, sad, frustrated, any eemotion will do. stuck waiting for hubby in the ttruck while he goes into like a plumbing store and i knit. yesterday was no exception my grandson 23 years old and i had a spat not because i wanted to mind you but because he is still not mature enough to handle any news in his life that effects just himself in a mature manor. so he took it out on me. carried on like a two year old child.


so since i really liked the hat that mandy pie grabbed up i knitted one for me went to my room turned on the tv and went to town. using the same yarn color and all just a bit bigger is all same buttons and that is where the simularities stopped. i put a silver button on the very top nd this am i went over board crocheted up some 4 leaf clovers as button covers and now i can take the button covers off if i want a downsized look or just wear as is


here is my take on the same hat mandy loves


1 comment:

Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Wow, you're ready for St. Patrick's Day, I see. Cool hat!

Hope the son outgrows it ... mine never did. He's grown & has his own family now and some day his boys will treat him the same way. Sad. Either that or he just acts like most men I've know (not my present DH tho - thank the Lord) I'm thankful for my daughter tho. She outgrew her teen years and turned into a wonderful woman.