Saturday, January 27, 2007

I used to go to the yarn stores and look and then tell myself you know you cant buy just one skien of yarn you have to buy enough to complete a project.
so i always bought enough to do one sweater my size and let me tell you as the years go buy that size is getting larger LOL
anyway at some point i stopped doing that and just didnt buy much yarn at one time at all. if any. but since i began to hang out on line with all the gals that knit and blog well i found a new freedome and i am just flat enjoying picking up one or two of any color i want right now. and of course now its green. told my grand daughter this am ya know when i am dont gathering green i should have enough here to make green hats for the family for st pats day. she was tickled pink at the idea . and i said i can just use this knit along as a study in hat pattens lord knows i have enough hat patterns here already. :)
i have my first one picked out i need 4 diffrent colors of green for this one so must count see if i have enough of the wool if not i can sure use acrylic yarn too since some of the family are kids . even if wool is the better pick i do have family members dont know what cold water wash is for and family to small to care. and parents who would rather it be acrylic instead of wool.
so for those it shall be acrylic and for others maybe felted. and others still i can use good wools.
yep its all coming togeather in my mind for sure.
time for more coffee and a take look see. count yarn instead of sheep :)

2 comments:

Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

You've got me curious about what this hat will look like ... it's soooo cold here right now, I'm thinking everything is going to be in wool so I can warm my hands as I knit, LOL. Keep warm are you knit too ... start with the wool!

c h r i s t i n e said...

I'm excited for the green hat a long! I can't wait to see what you knit.