Thursday, January 25, 2007

I escaped for a bit yesterday


Yep been in this house way to long because of the weather. One min. it was nothing but rain so bad i couldn't see the road to drive. Then it sun shined and I could see the snow coming. the worst of it for me is the walk way from my front door to the drive way and to the truck door is nothing but sheer ice. To get to the truck door i had to lay down salt as i went or i would have been grabbing at anything to stay on my feet.

Walking the dogs is a chore for me right now. We don't go far at all if we do. I would rather clean up after them then break a leg or something and end up in a cast for weeks on end.

But like I said I needed to get out. So I timed it right the local yarn store doesn't open here until 11: am and I so wanted to get there and just take my time and go through looking for green yarn for the get stitchy hat knit along. And I did just that I was lucky it was just me and the young gal that was working there in the store so we had a blast looking for the perfect green yarn. We found several that may have worked one was a very nice bright emerald green but I opted for one that had alittle more to it and bought two of those .
I also talked about how alot of the knitters I have come to know like to go to yarn stores and squish yarn and feel what they see. So we had a blast trying that out too. I never did that before always looked but only touched what I was going to buy. Boy what I been missing out on huh LOL
I also spotted a book on the counter a knitting novel mentioned on Home of the StitchingNut . And I thought about her as I picked it up and took a look see. heck I thought about alot of you when I was at the store taking a long look at yarn. :)

asked about the yarn hubby ordered for his sweaters he has me knitting. But no word on those yet.

I did take note that all the yarn in the store is really more winter tones dark tones nothing really bright. hummmmm

and I noticed the knitting bags were on sale asked how much they came too because there light weight compared to the one I bought before the store brought these in. she said 25 % off so I picked one out and got it for 56.00 works for me totally.

mine is in raspberry red and I moved into it last night wow do I love this bag.
I also have the art ben purple round one looks like a bucket to me . It is good but what I don't like about it is it rolls around when your carrying it . So I was looking for something with room and i mean lots of room that would stay by my side when I was out there . when hubby comes home ( he works out of town at a mine 5 weeks out and 2 weeks in now) when were out and about I love taking my knitting with because he can stop along the way and talk to a buddy for along time while I wait in the truck or am sitting at a restaurant or standing in a store i can take out my knitting and get in a few rounds or rows.
oh my it was a whole 40 degrees while I was out there yesterday too rain and wind and puddles in parking lots big enough to make swimming pools out of driving through some of the ones on the road sure blinds one to even with the windshield wipers going full bore.
well today I have just the two guys but tonight I get the other three grands for the rest of the week . No school Friday. Parents have to work so its time for a visit to grandmas. My great grandson is here now for his 2 days so his ma can attend her two days at the university.
Anyway I want to spend some time today looking for the hat pattern. Already tested one out and not to trilled with it. So am still hunting for the right one if not when I am done looking I will just make one up the way I want. I got something in mind just haven't found it yet and may not so may have to sit and draw it out. We will see.

1 comment:

c h r i s t i n e said...

I love the new knitting bag and am extremely jealous! I just purchase a purse big enough to cram a project and extra skein in ti >D!