Friday, March 30, 2007

Mandy Pies Sweater almost almost done and the new socks

here she is trying on the sweater to see how it fits. her mom came to borrow a movie and brought the kids plus the tiny tiny doggie so i had Mandy try the sweater on for us really fast.
the hood worked out just as we planned. and i had Mandy pie show her mom her mom said the hood looked like a grim reaper hood. and laughed. i said this is how come i don't knit for you anymore that plus she wont wear anything i do knit. says its to small or she doesn't like it or a dozen other reasons. what ever this addicted knitter isn't knitting anything for her again she laughed at me and said she didn't care. and that is another good reason she isn't getting anything out of me LOL on her :)
here is the next pair of socks yea i am bad couldn't wait for the 2 circ's to come in and i did go out to the lys and buy a pattern for socks called Classic Beginnings Socks for the Family which gave me not only a pattern in basic socks for myself but anyone else in the family if i choose to knit for them again LOL well you know what i mean.
so today i will finish Mandy's sweater tie off all loose ends so to speak, sew on the buttons and knit up the blue heart pocket and fake pockets she wants and then be done with that and move on to more socks and her hat :) oh yea her hat :) cant forget that now can I ? :)

5 comments:

Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

I don't knit for anyone who doesn't appreciate my knitting either ... but sometimes you don't find out until you've knit more than you should have for them. LOL Your Mandy Pie's sweater is really neat!

Valerie said...

Mandy's sweater is just beautiful! It looks very unique and perfect for her. On another note, I happy to love the hood! -=giggle=- It doesn't look grim reaper it looks like a fairytale cloak. =)

Hilari said...

Very cute! I love the color! And I think the hood looks great!

g-girl said...

i love mandy's sweater!! it looks wonderful. you know, I don't knit for anoyne who doesn't appreciate my knitting either..I'm suffering from it though..I've got a cute lil baby niece that I could knit for but she's got parents that don't put her in the things I knit for her!!

c h r i s t i n e said...

Looks fantastic and Mandy is adorable!