Friday, March 16, 2007

Mandy Pies Sweater progress


believe me this is a purple sweater...... i just keep wishing for a good digital is about it . but anyway to get where she wants me to go i have to begin with a plain knit sweater and of course i like the knit from the neck down so the first photo is of the first few days.
the one below is just as i was taking it from being a cardigan to a pull over with a button down the front top area.

once i get to the bottom and do the ribbing then its time to go back and put in the first huge pocket . and move on to other items such as sleeves and more knit in pockets. and of course i had to go get more yarn to make sure i didn't run out.
i am thinking though today i do need to dig out another knitting needle to help me do the sleeves when i get to that point or go buy one .
other wise as you can see by the amount of snow we have here there is just no way i am going anywhere even out for a walk. no place to walk anyway unless i want to walk down the middle of the street !!!!!!!!! not even going to try that one . sooooooooo knit knit knit hey better this allot of other things right. well house work too. you all have a good day catch you again soon .

2 comments:

Webigail said...

It's easy to see that it's definitely purple.

I cannot wait until I'm as skilled as you are. I've done a sweater, but it was a top-down, no openings. I'm a little daunted by anything that requires seams.

Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Oh ya, I see the purple. And there's nothing like knitting a sweater when there's so much snow ourside your door. We had our 1st really big snow storm this year [& I think the last] and got 9 inches. That's 3 more than we had all winter this time... I don't ever remember having such a mild winter. But I'm not complaining!

Well back to my needle felting. Keep warm, Crissy.