Tuesday, April 03, 2007

cracking the code and my ship came in :)

ok ok first i show off my shopping on line items and then i talk about socks and patterns
oh i tell you i was so so happy to see all this over this week end and today.

knitting on the road
a simply Divine sock book

sock it to me guide
something to stuff in my sock bag for when i am trying to make socks someone Else's size

two skeins of sock yarn # must buy two more of same though

and of course two each of size 1,2&3's circular needles in size 24 inch i think so i can knit two socks at one time of course :) i am like so so tickled pink.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
first thing i did of course when knitting on the road came in was pick out a pattern and cast on. got the cuff done and then one round and poof totally lost. until last night i couldn't crack that pattern code to save my life. finally gave up went on line to i don't remember where and one of the sites said vogue knitting book explained the tbl my mind said oh goodie i have that book. dug through my book shelf of all my knitting books and found it and hunted it down. i was getting the original tbl for the first round but the second round was just going over my head. and i was so so tired of tearing everything apart to the cuff and beginning again and again and again. but i am and always have been determined. so when i saw the explanation complete with pictures i was in heaven. just totally glad i got that code cracked. and now have about two inches of that sock knit up .
~~~~~~~~~~~~
meanwhile G-Girl my stitch swapping buddy on line and i have struck up an email conversation about socks LOL
she is testing the waters same as me but doing i think she said toe up sounds like and exercise huh well its actually a style of knitting socks if you don't know .
i had been thinking of how many ways one can actually knit socks
1. socks knit on dp's
2. knit on one circular
3. knit on two circulars
4. knit on a magic loop
5. knit on a loom
6. knit on a sock knitting machine
7. knit on a knitting machine flat
8. knit flat by hand

and then there are styles
socks knit regular style
socks knit ankle length
socks knit low low ankle length or bootie socks
socks knit for sandals
socks knit knee high
socks knit thigh high
socks knit with toes
socks knit with a re knit able bottom

and the other styles
socks knit toe up
socks knit from cuff down the traditional socks
socks knit from side to side
socks knit in awesomely wonderful patterns

awe the wonderful secret life of socks . and i bet there are more ways too just
haven't discovered them all
only ones i have done so far is ankle traditional, dp's one circular and two circular socks

ok hubby is off today so we have run around had breakfast out of course and bought this dresser with a mirror for the frontroom at a motel hotel here that is putting in all new furniture. price was right $20.00 was hoping for a little bit bigger one to go behind the small couch so my grandson could get out of my baking drawers i think laura would like that but we didnt get to the sale in time kept going past it everyday. oh well she has 36 more rooms to go through.
one can never have to many dressers LOL

3 comments:

Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Whoa, you are really into the socks, girl! Funny how they just "take over" once you start knitting 'em huh? I have 2 pair on the needles right now myself. Both on dpn's, but one is toe up and the other is cuff down. I should start another pair with the two circs toe up also ... (my original way of knitting socks)

BTW, about my tea cozy. I took pictures of the other contest entries and there are 6 tea cozies competing. Some pretty good competition there. I posted the pictures for all to see. Did that other lady make the deadline on your contest?

g-girl said...

you got some good stuff! I hadn't seen that sock it to me conversion guide before..very nice!

Alice said...

I so want to do socks. They are calling to me!! It is just thos darn tiny needles are so scary!!