Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Dish Cloth Pattern Hand Written By Heather


given to me in a hurry on a piece of paper many years ago. By a young lady i met. Many times back then this is how knitting patterns made it around. since for years we didn't have the net or even a local yarn store. and mailing out for yarn or patterns or books or supplies was near impossible as i mentioned before Alaska for years was off and on the list for over seas foreign mail making getting much up here near impossible due to cost for the common person that is . Heather signed the note and left me her phone number which i cut off of this copy. I lovingly carried this note around for years in all my knitting books of special patterns :) I would estimate this note at being close to 20 years old.



3 comments:

g-girl said...

that's so cool!! One of the first patterns I was ever 'told,' I still have written down too. Mine is harder to read though because it was on a printed pamphlet!

Alice said...

That is so cool. I have a bunch of my grandma's crochet patterns that she wrote down in a composition notebook. I still have to go through those! Your post reminded me of that. I have been kinda afraid to because it has to be about 50+ years old and I have a feeling that the majority of it is thread crochet (not my strong point). Hmmmm....I wonder if it has the pattern for the window hanging that she used to have in the front door...she said that she had made quite a few of them over the years (she would replace the one that was up when it would get yellowed). Jeez...now you got me thinking!!

Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

I've got some patterns with my grandmother's handwritten notes to herself in the margins. She was 86 when she passed away and that was almost 16 years ago now. I was given all of her patterns & a few unfinished projects as well as the yarn [much that I had given to her]. All the yarn went into a granny afghan for my Mom [grammy was her Mom]and she still has it on her bed. My Mom is now 75.