Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Thank You God For All The Yarn


about a week ago God answered one of my prayers in an unusual way. Since its getting close to Christmas and all I was not only busy knitting up a storm but putting in my order for lots and lots of wool yarn for Christmas so I could knit more items like hats and mittens scarfs and things.
Of course with alot of past experience behind me in asking family members for things like that at Christmas time I knew in my heart it was all going to fall on deaf ears.
But the usual hey honey I want didn't stop at all. Nor the Gram's please or the mom I wants.
For some reason all the things asked of me were possibly being stored in the attic. ughhhhhhhhhh the cold huge attic. Our weather here has not been very warm for awhile and going up in that attic was like walking outdoors onto the sidewalk full so snow and ice. So for a few days the list of items asked for just kept being added too.
I finally figured I better go up there. My grandson asked me for macrame instructions so he could make some braclets for christmas to give out to family members. and my hubby wanted the flat tackle box that was up there so he could use it to store his cooking gadets in along with his knives. and someone had asked me for a pattern I had looked everywhere down here on the main floor and figured it was still up there. of all things.
gesh about 8 years back my grandson had come to live with me and my project room had to be given up to make room for him so alot of my things got stuffed into the attic with out much thought.
I got bundled up and began my slow climb up the attic ladder and into the cold cold area. found the instuctions my grandson wanted. the tackle box and the other knit pattern not many of those left up there thank god. I have long since worked on making sure the attic is empty and have not much left to go.
on my way down I noticed two large trash bags sitting near the opening full of what looked to be yarn.
I was totally courious because I just don't leave yarn up there at all nore any fabrics. I keep all of mine down here in cupboard all nice and tucked away. so this was totally unusual to me.
I grabbed both bags on my way down and threw them to the floor where the ice that formed on the outside broke up and scattered everywhere .
later on when I got the chance to drag both bags into the frontroom to examine them I found 99% of it all was wool yarn. and then I remembered during the time my son was in the Navy and serving overseas in Iraq for 6 months someone had gone to a yard sale where some lady had given them both bags for free.
how they both got taken to the attic I well never know . But that day and even now I am like a kid in a candy store. cause I got my yarn from God this year via the attic and somone in the family who went yard saling and thought about me at a time when I was totally nuts and an emotional basket case.
needless to say I spent the better part of the afternoon rewinding alot of yarn checking labels and placing each color into zip lock bags.
there isnt enough to make one hat outright but you know what everyone I know wants one of those ear flap hats done in felted yarn this year. soooo hey I am having a blast knitting those up
here is one I did for my grand daughter
all out of the yarn I found in the attic. thank you God for all this yarn I am having a blast putting it all to good use :)

No comments: