Wednesday, December 27, 2006

The Days After Christmas

6 buckets of cookies the grand daughters had baked later... a sea of wrapping paper and a sea of toys and various other things. Every adult was tired out totally. Even me but kept knitting :)..
I did get the most beautiful pair of hand made moccasins from my daughter who made them with her own two hands. So soft and beautiful that I will wear them on special occasions only. because I am afraid with the two brat dogs I have here who only obey my hubby I will find I am stepping in something i don't want to with those beautiful moccasins. sooooooo I will keep them safe until I get these brat dogs to obey me too.
What little knitting I did hand out went over well of course... hats ,scarfs and the tiny baby sweater all went nicely.
Christmas day found me at my daughters in laws since my hubby wasn't here but out of town working and wont be home until Jan 9th. sooooooo off to see new people and enjoy the holiday among friends and family. And of course I took along my knitting never leave home with out it. At present I am working on poncho's to give out through out the year to anyone with a birthday coming up. Have one about finished and one on the needles and am totally enjoying my time with the grands as I knit.
The most wonderful thing for me is after all the tired goes away with some well needed sleep ......... to sit and enjoy each toy'sthe grand's got & learn how to play each one . x box games here we come...... last night I got the chance to watch as my grand daughter played her games on the tv set some sort of barbie hand held girl games . interesting . not tough at all. And maybe later on I can see how the new Tony Hawks game is going.
Today I will begin to decrease on the poncho I have on the needles and maybe even finish the one I had almost done. Tuck it into a big zip lock and into the gift trunk it will go , while it awaits its new home. and then work on the next one.
I got to wonder what is is about shopping for knitters at Christmas time.LOL So I shopped for myself got three new pairs of bamboo needles and a yarn winder that don't attach to a table at all and is well the best traveling one I can ever hope for .....and some yarn of course :) all that and the books snuck into my knitting area before Christmas because I just wanted to spoil me in ways I knew no one would. I so want the third book on edging but I will have to go hunt that down and pick it up for me.

Here is a picture of what is called a Nostepinnes

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v714/emeraldroses/bubinga.jpg

and can be found at this link
http://www.spinnerschoice.com/winding%20tools.htm

No comments: