Monday, April 08, 2013

Two sweaters going

One unfortunately won't get done right away. Sadly i was working on one for my grand daughter Mandy, ran out of yarn went back to get what I needed to finish it by Christmas and the yarn shop went out of business . The other one goes into hibernation in the winter for lack of customers. Go figure. You would think in a cold climate more people would knit. But once the store re opens here soon i am sure i can get her to order me more. Yep could get it off line. I do slot of shopping on line. But this one yarn shop is like awesome so anything i can do to keep her going is fine with me, she's located in an old airline building. Up on stilts right next to the water on the wharf here step out side sit on a bench in the summer and soak in the sunshine. Watch the people walk by. And knit your heart out.
The other sweater is for me. And while knitting it i thought. You know, i always buy the best yarn for the gift socks or sweaters but when it comes time for mine i buy the make do this is ok yarn. I am thinking this summer when the yarn store opens up its time i treated myself to a yummy sweater.
Hubby bought me the addi click knitting needles a couple Christmases ago. I love those things. And during the same time i was busy making hats for My son iras first baby, none of us knew what it would be but i was hoping for a girl. Sure enough miss Zia was born the most watched baby in our family on face book .
I bought a book on just baby hats , its the last book hard cover that i did buy over 2 yrs. ago while step was still pregnant. It's called "itty- bitty hats" by Susan b Anderson i got the basic hat down then went off on my own , and knit up a bunch of baby hats in anything but baby blue or pink.
Turned out miss Zia is a bit of a fashion queen a real frilly girl. Lol
She likes her hats and i even did a few scrap book pages with her as the hat lady showing off hats the family wore
All in all my grand daughters Zia , Mandy, may and Delilah, are the ones i knit for the most .













No comments: